Future Cities was an event that brought together city thinkers and culture creators to discuss the future of Australia’s cities. Our aim was to inspire the audience of different levels of government and the Out-of-Home (OOH) advertising industry to aspire to great futures for our cities and to see opportunities for collaboration to achieve them.
Held over one full day in each city, the event was divided into three sections, each boasting a keynote speaker and a panel discussion:
Visions for our cities’ futures
The part technology will play in facilitating the future of cities
The human factor: how cities will attract & keep their (people) resources
- Australian local government representatives: Lord Mayors, Mayors, Councillors
- Council CEOs, Directors, Digital Officers, Planners, Designers and Development Assessors
- State Government representatives in Transport, Planning and Innovation portfolios
- Federal Government members with an interest in cities
- City planners, urban designers and architects
- OMA Members
- Media agencies/Advertisers
- Other industry and peak bodies
Testimonials from the day
We surveyed attendees to find out what they thought of the Future Cities events, with over 50 people respondents. The responses were an even split from people inside and outside of our industry.
- Over 80% would be likely or very likely to attend future OMA events of this kind
- 77% would like to hear from at least one of the speakers again
- 94% were satisfied or extremely satisfied with the event, saying:
• “Thought provoking, very engaged presenters with plenty of interesting viewpoints”
• “Excellent variety of relative subject matter”
• “Fantastic event – great, inspiring speakers, covering more content […] than I expected. great opportunity to get out of the day to day and think about the long terms trends that will affect us all.”
- 66% of the 25 non-OMA member respondents said that the event “changed their perception of the OOH industry”, examples include:
• “Shows an industry thinking about the bigger picture”
• “Highlighted a possible partnering role with Local Government”
• “Made me realise huge untapped opportunities for the OOH industry”
About the OMA
The OMA is the peak national industry body that represents most of Australia’s Out-of-Home (OOH) advertising industry.
The OMA believes that smart OOH can play a part in making the cities of the future more sustainable and liveable.
For more information visit: oma.org.au